Lack of sleep contributes to heart disease and weight gain and is even associated with dementia. Sleeping pills might provide a short-term solution, but they do not provide the kind of sleep you need to operate at your optimum level. To help you get more sleep, we’ve devised the following tips.
|Illustration by Timmy Kucynda|
- 1. Get rid of the TV in your bedroom.
- 2. Turn your phone off.
- 3. Keep your bedroom cool.
- 4. Close the curtains, the darker your bedroom the better.
- 5. Keep doors shut.
- 6. Avoid clutter, it wears on your mind and can contribute to stress.
- 7. Try a "white noise" machine
- 8. Use quality bedding.
- 9. Have a firm mattress.
- 10. Use a neck pillow.
- 11. Don’t smoke for two hours before going to bed.
- 12. Don’t drink for four hours before going to bed.
- 13. Skip the caffeine, after lunch, not dinner.
- 14. Bathe or shower before bed.
- 15. Try meditation.
- 16. Avoid stress.
- 17. Have a rule: No arguments before bed.
- 18. Read before sleeping.
- 19. Do some deep breathing.
- 20. Try the natural hormone melatonin.
- 21. Keep pets out of the bedroom unless you have a cozy dog.
Want to know more about Unfrazzle?